Comment: <span class="highlight">Stone</span> Cairns and Trig Points - What are they?

What a great topic for a blog Stephen. I remember how fascinated David and I were when we first started exploring - David had to get out and climb up to investigate each one and we had no information about what they were, but figured it all out. These days we still enjoy seeing them and appreciating their significance but its easy to forget that others may be mystified about what they are. I think I'll put together an article at some point on this topic and link your blog to it too. Great work mate, !!

Michelle
ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:13

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:13
Hi Michelle

Thanks for that and you are most welcome to link it with your article. I also find them interesting and think of the people that were first sent out to survey the area and them erected them. Also the ones put along the Anne Beadell by Len and his team, as where they are in most cases there are no large rocks for a very long way, which means that they all would have been carted in.

The good thing with this now in Blog form, I can still add more images when I find more.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 548449

Sponsored Links